Monday, April 7, 2014

Happy Monday!

I am pretty lucky that I work in an industry where Monday is my favorite day of the week! It is not my only day off, but it's the only day I get to sleep in, run errands on my own time, and be seated long enough to even consider writing an entry in my blog! Today I was able to get the oil changed in my car, go to the chiropractor, workout, and even cook  my cats food for the next couple weeks (don't ask, she's high maintenance). After all of that was done my mom and I went over to my grandparents' old house with the intentions of taking the leftover of our things to the storage unit. My mom left me alone in the basement for 5 minutes and I promptly began going through pictures and newspaper clippings. My Granddad had newspaper clippings from the Lakewood Sentinal saved from his old city council days back in the 70's. It was pretty exciting!

Needless to say we didn't get anything productive done at the house today. Although I found some very priceless photographs, and we did get other things done that needed to be taken care of, all of the boxes are still in the basement. We are scheduled to close on selling the house in the beginning of May, although we feel like it will be pushed back a bit. My mom and I have been extremely blessed to have a neighbor's daughter buy the house from us. It feels like it is staying in the "family", and this has been a lot less stressful than we had anticipated.

As my three-day weekend is coming to a close, I have started my follow-ups to my letters, and have even received my first support check (no follow up required!). Last week I was feeling very alone and overwhelmed with everything I have going on, but today I feel at peace. God has given me three wonderful siblings who are some of the most selfless people I know, and even given our age differences still are my best friends (even when we live on opposite sides of the country). They remind me on a daily basis how great God is. I can feel Him with me minute by minute reminding me that he brought me to this, so he will bring me through it! I can feel everyone's prayers, and I have felt surrounded by support and love all week.

Thank you to everyone who is reading and supporting me spiritually through this journey, and to those who are considering supporting me financially. I will be setting dates for my fundraisers at the beginning of May, and will keep them posted here! I have also posted my support letter in a previous entry that has all of the information for supporting me financially for those of you who have not received a letter yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment