Monday, March 31, 2014

Ready, Set, GO!

Well it's official! The first of my support letters have been sent out! And now I am about 5 months away from moving into the intern house at Flatirons to start the program. Even though I am not starting the internship until September, my journey has already begun. I am so excited to be able to include all of my friends and family in my journey!

I will be raising $18,000 by the start of the internship and I have a few different methods to do so. I am sending out letters via snail mail AND email first of all. The letters have a link to this blog, which I will use to keep everyone updated about my funds and different opportunities they have to support me in this process, as well as the program itself after it begins.

Right now I am in the process of planning a Tupperware party in the next few months, as well as a summer BBQ/pool party. My mom has been kind enough to donate food (like she did before my Afghanistan trip). Everyone is welcome, and the cost will be $10 a plate, BYOB!  This was my most successful and fun FUNdraiser I did for my mission trip and I am really excited to get everyone together to do it again. Dates are still TBA but I will invite everyone as soon as I get that figured out!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know about your bbq...i also own a catering company, *wink*wink*...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete